At the conclusion of the meeting attendees should be able to:
1) Choose when the vaginal, laparoscopic or robotic approach is indicated for benign gynecology and consider cost-benefit analysis
2) Recognize that shared decision making is a necessary part of the informed consent process
3) Summarize the limited outcome data of recent gynecologic surgery technologies
4) Apply knowledge of pelvic anatomy to minimize peri-operative complications
5) Classify potential ethical issues surrounding elective and cosmetic gynecologic procedures
6) Identify national gynecologic surgical outcome database and registry initiatives
Accreditation Statement:This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of Oakstone Publishing, LLC and The Society of Gynecologic Surgeons. The Oakstone Publishing, LLC is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation Statement: Oakstone Publishing, LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 26 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The 26 credits are inclusive of 1) 14.5 credits for Scientific Meeting 2) 2 credits for VideoFest 3) 1.00 credit for Academic Roundtable/Mentoring Mingle 4) 3.75 credit for Postgraduate Course 2, 3 or 4 5) 6.5 credit for Postgraduate Course 1 6) 1.00 credit for Monday and Tuesday morning Poster Session
Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest
Disclosure-- Oakstone Publishing, LLC adheres to ACCME Essential Areas, Standards, and Policies regarding industry support of continuing medical education. Disclosure of the Activity Director(s), Planning Committee Members(s), Speaker(s), Author(s) or Anyone in a Position to Control Content regarding commercial relationships will be made known at the activity. Speakers are required to openly disclose any limitations of data and/or any discussion of off-label, experimental, or investigational uses of drugs or devices in their presentations.
Resolution of Conflicts of Interest-- In accordance with ACCME Standards for Commercial Support of CME, Oakstone Publishing, LLC will implement mechanisms, prior to the planning and implementation of this CME activity, to identify and resolve any conflicts of interest for all individuals in a position to control content of this CME activity.